Corsair Community

Ebay-Corsair memory not working.

grendal84

Ì recently bought Twinx2048-3200C2 on ebay.

They were brand new and still had a pricetag on them. The seller was a guy in pennsylvania who found out he didnt need them on arrival. Now I recieved the memory brand spanking new ( as far as I could tell) .

For 2-3 days when I only used the memory in windows and for internett, they worked fine. However when I play games it crashes.

. At 2.5-3-3-6 and even 3-3-3-6 I get memtests errors in heaps, Im talking 5-6 errors maybe more. The memory has never been overclocked. it operates at 200mhz. I have been treating the memory with the outmost care.

Now I tried increasing the volt from stock to 2.85, still within the warranty.

This still produced errors.

The system is a Nforce4 motherboard with a Winchester CPU

Now what are my options? Could this for some reason be due to the processor?

And is these memory sticks still within the Warranty period? I can`t see that I have done anything wrong.

Kind regards, axel Kobbeltvedt. Law school Student Norway.

• Corsair Employees

I would have to direct you to our warranty policy about purchases made from an individual.

I would suggest testing the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim voltage to 2.7 Volts. If you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem, and testing them in another system would help to isolate the memory from your system. Also I would check with the MB maker to make sure that you have the latest bios as well.

I would have to direct you to our warranty policy about purchases made from an individual.

I would suggest testing the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim voltage to 2.7 Volts. If you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem, and testing them in another system would help to isolate the memory from your system. Also I would check with the MB maker to make sure that you have the latest bios as well.

ok will do, think the warranty should follow the user and not the product though.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry, I am not the one to make that call. If you do find you have a problem with them I would contact the place of purchase and ask them to help you with getting them replaced. But I really doubt you have 2 bad modules that were made by us.

Archived