Corsair Community

iCUE Read Temperatures from 2 Inputs to One Fan Group

Forced Perfect

I didn't see this suggested on a quick forum search, I'd like the ability to control a fan output based on the input from two different temp sensors.

The reasoning behind this is I have both a CPU and GPU on a custom loop, although I can control the fans with my Commander Pro to adjust when say, the CPU gets warm, I can't have it use two different inputs to determine fan speed. With 5 fans on my rads I can have them controlled from either the CPU or GPU, but not both which wastes cooling power on a tasking focusing on one of them.

TLDR: Fan profile has two curves (GPU and CPU in this case) controlling one fan (or group of fans), iCUE sets the speed according to whatever sensor is higher on the curve cooling my radiators when EITHER device goes under heavy load.

That may come at some point, but the more direct and immediate solution is to stick on the temp probes from the Commander Pro to the exhaust side of one of the radiators. That will be an close approximation of coolant temperature and that is the variable that matters for fan control. If you stuck a 10K thermistor into a T-fitting or somewhere else, the Commander Pro can read that as well.