Corsair Community

LL120 RGB Fan Setup

awm

Hey guys, new here and first post. Hopefully I put this in the correct area. If not, feel free to move it or let me know and I can post in the correct place. :biggrin:

So I haven't built a PC in about 8 years which was before all the RGB buzz.

I decided to build my new PC with the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic and I'm currently setting up 9 LL120 fans. I'm going to run 3 bottom intake, 3 side intake, and 3 top exhaust on the AIO. My question has to do with the 9 fans, connector, and Lighting node pro. Can I connect 6 fans to 1 connector, 3 fans to a second connector, and then have both those connectors going to the lighting node pro? Do I need the commander pro in my personal situation? Just looking to get as much help as I possibly can.

Sorry if this seems like a straight forward Q&A but I just wanted to get info before I rush into doing something that might overload any hardware. Especially considering I haven't built a system in quite a while. Thanks in advance for any advice/help, I appreciate it.

So ... you can do 6 on one hub and 3 on another and connect them to the NoPro. The CoPro is optional but it's good for fan speed control.

Check out the RGB FAQ in my sig - it'll answer LOTS of questions for you.

Appreciate your response and I did a quick read through on your FAQ, but Ill read more in depth tomorrow. So just to make sure I got it correct, Ill plug the RGB into the hub and then the hub into the NoPro. The power for each fan I would have to plug directly into the motherboard or is there some work around for that?

Appreciate your response and I did a quick read through on your FAQ, but Ill read more in depth tomorrow. So just to make sure I got it correct, Ill plug the RGB into the hub and then the hub into the NoPro. The power for each fan I would have to plug directly into the motherboard or is there some work around for that?

You've got it. As for the fan motor, yes, directly into the motherboard OR you can use the (optional) Commander Pro. The CoPro will also power and control the fan motor in addition to the RGBz. Again, that's optional tho.

You've got it. As for the fan motor, yes, directly into the motherboard OR you can use the (optional) Commander Pro. The CoPro will also power and control the fan motor in addition to the RGBz. Again, that's optional tho.

Gotcha. I’ll have to check my mobo again and see how many fans I can plug in. Might need the CoPro... Thanks again for your help.