Corsair Community

Confused about icue software and msi mystic light.

AllenPaul

Hello I had a question that I keep getting conflicting answers, I had somone build a pc for my son and it has two Corsair 140 LL fans in the front, one Corsair LL 120 rear exhaust and one Corsair LL 120 fan top exhaust... The motherboard is a MSI Edge Gaming AC Z390 which the builder had installed mystic light software, my son is able to do basic color change to all the fans at once and a few of the presets and it works fine, but Mystic light won't let home change the colors of each individual fan, there's no option for it so basically it's all the fans one effect. I was told told to download the Corsair icue software and that I DID NOT need the node pro to do effects through the icue software since the corsair fan hub was plugged into the correct corsair header. When I load the icue software it says no devices found. Do I still need to have the node pro installed for more control of the effects through icue? The builder is telling me the mystic light will do all the same stuff to individual fans. I'm not sure why he did not install the node pro, it was left in the fan box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MysticLight is nowhere near as configurable or controllable as iCUE. Not even close.

And no, iCUE cannot control devices plugged into the JCORSAIR header, only Mystic Light can. Get the LNP from him if you want full control. I don't know where this person got this but it'd dead wrong.

And yes, I do have an MSI board with the JCORSAIR header; it's just not my main system. So I have played with this quite a bit.