Corsair Community

H115i fans not spinning

cody331

Hi,

Hooked up H115i last night and the LED on the logo came on but the fans aren't spinning.

Mobo = Z370 Gaming Carbon

I hooked the 3 pin single cable to the CPU FAN rec per manual. I hooked up the 3 and 4 pin tied to each other to the fans that came with it, sata cable to sata receiver etc and the USB cable to the USB receiver on the mobo.

BIOS isn't seeing the fans or the nor are the corsair applications (icue,link).

I've read one fix is to plug fans into the CPU FAN and CPU OPT reciver however this mobo does not have CPU OPT so not sure what's up with that.

2 questions, does PUMP FAN do anything? I tried it, had red led on mobo letting me know something was wrong (didnt have monitor hooked up ar the time) however fans still sidnt work. And would hooking the fans up SYS FAN receivers do anything?

Aside from those 2 questions does anyone have any fixes besides return it?

Thanks!

The BIOS should never see the fans unless you have connected them to the motherboard.

If iCUE and Link recognize the cooler (H115i panel) and show a coolant temperature but no fans at all, that is problematic. Are the fans "missing" or does it report 0 rpm? It's possible the fan controller has gone. The normal course of action would be RMA or replacement. However, you can still make the cooling system work by plugging the two radiator fans into the motherboard and using whatever control scheme is available. That likely means CPU temp with hopefully some hysteresis spin up/down delays.

Pump fan and SYS fan are going to be motherboard specific in their properties. The manual or the MSI site may be the best place to find that out, unless someone else happens to have the same board. Generally, Pump fan is a header preset to 100%. Not good for fan control, but fine for the dummy cooler header that does not supply power. SYS Fan is usually multipurpose, like a CHAssis fan header on other boards.

Those applications dont even show the h115i. I tried plugging the fans into normal SYS FAN and PUMP fan and one of the fans works and the other one doesn't but it acts like it wants to spin every few seconds or so and I tried multiple different sys fan receivers for that fan that I know works

Those applications dont even show the h115i. I tried plugging the fans into normal SYS FAN and PUMP fan and one of the fans works and the other one doesn't but it acts like it wants to spin every few seconds or so and I tried multiple different sys fan receivers for that fan that I know works

Double check that the provided USB cable is connected to the motherboard header correctly (all the required pins.) I've previously had my H100i RGB lit up and powered from the motherboard CPU fan connector, but it wasn't showing up in iCUE simply because of the cable not being seated correctly on the USB header. Your motherboard has 2 USB 2.0 headers too I believe, so you can always try the other header too - just to rule that out. When connected, Windows 10 should give you a message that its detected it and is installing it too.

Tony

Double check that the provided USB cable is connected to the motherboard header correctly (all the required pins.) I've previously had my H100i RGB lit up and powered from the motherboard CPU fan connector, but it wasn't showing up in iCUE simply because of the cable not being seated correctly on the USB header. Your motherboard has 2 USB 2.0 headers too I believe, so you can always try the other header too - just to rule that out. When connected, Windows 10 should give you a message that its detected it and is installing it too.

Tony

Just tried the other USB and still wasnt showing up

Just tried the other USB and still wasnt showing up

Any chance you have a usb cable with the same connector as what goes into the pump (I think Micro USB) and a standard USB-A on the other end to plug into an open USB port outside of the case? I'm wondering if its just the cable.

Those applications dont even show the h115i.

That is a different problem. In the BIOS, does the motherboard header connected to the H115i report a speed? It should report 1/2 the pump speed or around 950-1000 rpm in most cases.

I dont know whats going on

I replaced the entire h115 pro with an h115 platinum (its the only one Frys had at the time) and same config and the radiator fans are STILL not working (Spinning OR RGB) and Icue is still not picking up the AIO

What the **** is going on

EDIT: Coretemp has me sitting @ 100 deg celsius idle.. lmfao what in gods name..

Edit 2: After shutting PC down even though radiator was cold the actual cooler piece sitting on top of the CPU was really damn hot.. I dont know if water is actually flowing through

Edited by cody331

The h115i isn't pumping out any liquid.. at all and when I go into my bios it says the CPU fan receiver is disconnected, swapped it to pump fan and same deal and I know both of those receivers work because I had to try and put my radiator fans on them before and got those to work..

So this is a H115i Pro and not a H115i? Now you have a H115i Plat. on the fans still don't spin? Better take a hard look at the SATA cable powering the cooler and and unplug/replug your fan connections.

This is the h115i plat. Fans are spinning fans are fine however the pump is not working but has power (LEDs are on) and its not being seen by icue or link

I've tried 3 different sata cables and no dice

Update:

So I gave in and took the h115 back as well, was going to just put back in my noctua but remembered I had an old H110 (original) i had ordered years ago but never used it cause I thought it wouldnt work with mobo (1151 socket) lo and behold it does and im sitting at 22 cel idle

Maybe later in the future when I go to a new case+mobo ill try the fancy RBGs again and see if they work :p

Update:

So I gave in and took the h115 back as well, was going to just put back in my noctua but remembered I had an old H110 (original) i had ordered years ago but never used it cause I thought it wouldnt work with mobo (1151 socket) lo and behold it does and im sitting at 22 cel idle

Maybe later in the future when I go to a new case+mobo ill try the fancy RBGs again and see if they work :p

Ugh, what an adventure. So sorry to hear how this all played out, but glad you managed to get an AIO to work. Certainly doesn’t make much sense that you couldn’t get the H100i series up and running, however, here we are. Lucky that H110 was handy and working!

All the best,

Tony