Corsair Community

Value Select: Single or Double sided? (Does it matter?)

BSD

Hello,

Are the Value Select DIMMs single or double sided?

The motherbaord information pages seem to indicate that double sided might be a problem?

I am building a Athlon 64 / nForce 4 system.. is this something I need to be worried about?

Thanks,

David

Hi,

I was looking at the "Value Select" 2.5 CL 256 or 512 DIMMs for a new Athlon 64 system. No plans to overclock.

Seemingly, there is some sort of issue with DDR400 double-sided DIMMs in dual channel mode and the Athlon 64. I am not quite sure I understand it. (Something to do with the on-die memory controller).

The Chiantech VNF4 Ultra is the board I am getting.

-- David

I've got a MSI Neo4 Plat motherboard and it does not like doublesided ram. IF you go here: http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36048 you can see my adventures. At this point I'm looking to buy some different memory that is single sided so I can have dual channel ram. I know this doesn't answer your question about the value select ram but at least you know that you are correct about the rest of it.

OK, maybe someone from Corsair can answer this:

To summerize, I have a Chaintech VNF4 Ultra and I want to run at DDR400 speeds with 2 x 512MB CL 2.5 Value Select DIMMs in dual channel mode.

Will this work or not?

Thanks,

David

Archived