Corsair Community

Questions About CPU Temps in iCue

dcx4610

I'm trying to figure out if something changed in iCue recently or if I have a cooling issue or power supply problem. Or, I simply never noticed before and it's normal.

I've attached a picture of my temp monitoring dashboard from iCue. This is with nothing running but Windows 10 and after idling all night. The first thing that stands out to me is the H115i water temp chart shows that despite only being 24.8C, the chart is near the top of the graph like it's maxed out. Shouldn't it be low on the graph?

The 2nd issue and the one that is most concerning to me is I'm seeing wild fluctuations on the CPU package temperature when I open programs. Maybe this is normal but I never recall seeing this before. For instance, if I open iCue and switch to the Dashboard, the package temp will shoot up to 37C or even 45C for a second and then back down to 30C. Is this normal or is something else going on?

DKp7WVI.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by dcx4610

Both are normal. The graphs have a variable range based on the values provided - if you have wider variations, you'll have a larger chart. Consider your pump speed - you're likely looking at a range of what ... 50 RPM? Yet it looks larger.

As for the CPU - this is absolutely normal with modern CPUs.

• Confused 1