Corsair Community

H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 9900k Idle/load temps

Johnny87au

You cannot get any lower than that without room temps below 20C. Ultimately the most influential factor on idle temp are your CPU power saving states (EIST, c-states, etc), processor design and core count, and also Windows power plan. If you look at any multi cooler spread sheet on a review site, all the idle values are packed together for different size coolers. This is not as influential and default cooler settings like fan speed usually account for the differences.

You cannot get any lower than that without room temps below 20C. Ultimately the most influential factor on idle temp are your CPU power saving states (EIST, c-states, etc), processor design and core count, and also Windows power plan. If you look at any multi cooler spread sheet on a review site, all the idle values are packed together for different size coolers. This is not as influential and default cooler settings like fan speed usually account for the differences.

I've been looking into delidding the cpu, but not sure if i need to heat it in order to remove the solder?