Corsair Community

Custom Type Lighting Ripple

Zoomguy

Is it possible to make a Custom Type Lighting Ripple like you could in CUE1 with iCUE3? If not, could you please add this feature?

iCUE looks pretty good now, but it makes me hesitant to use it and buy other Corsair RGB products if I still can't recreate the lighting profiles I've been using for ~4 years.

Can you be specific about what you're looking for? The "type lighting" preset will let you do ripple or single key lighting, either with random or single/alternate colors.

You can still do custom waves/ripples that originate from a pressed key, but you need to create these in the ripple or wave mechanic, then change the "starts with" from profile start to "on key pressed". You can then differentiate between full board ripple or to play from the pressed key.

With lighting link "type lighting", you'll be limited to the first option. All of the linked effects need to be presets in order to program device order, response time, etc. You might be able to come up with a somewhat cohesive manual ripple system, but it will take some work. The linked type lighting may be a better compromise. Also, don't forget you can layer that linked type lighting on top of other solids or patterns or deactivate (hide) the type lighting for a specific device if it is not wanted.