Corsair Community

LL series fans and RGB Fusion

Yarberger

Hello folks

I am planning a build this summer which will incorporate RGB components - a first for me. The foundation will be the Aorus Master m/board.

I'd like to use the LL140s for case cooling, but I see that they are not listed on Gigabyte's website as 'RGB Fusion ready'.

My goal is simply to have the fans illuminated with a single colour. I don't plan on employing any rainbow, breathing or other effects.

In your experience, will the pairing of these components create difficulties? I want to avoid multiple software configurations for RBG functionality if possible.

Many thanks.

Good motherboard, great VRM, though not the best RGB software. I have the Z370 Gaming 7 and I just disabled on board lighting. The LL-140 2 pack and some single packs do you come with a Lighting node pro and a RGB Hub. You can use icue to control the lighting with it.

If you do want to control the LL-140's with the motherboard software, just make sure you at least have a RGB HUB, then plug it into this custom cable that will allow you to control it via the motherboard software: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aura-Mystic-Light-A-RGB-to-Corsair-RGB-Adapter/372548214612?hash=item56bd9a9f54:g:2GQAAOSwIGxcI6Zv

I would also check out iCUE. I have played with iCUE and RGB Fusion a lot and I find Fusion limited and frustratingly buggy.

Many thanks Solarity.

I'm hoping to avoid having to use multiple software platforms for RGB. In addition to the m/board and fans, I am aiming to install G-Skill Trident DIMMS and a Gigabyte RTX2070 GPU (Aorus or Gaming OC). My understanding is that ICue only works with Corsair products - is that right?

If I do get the LL140s, I will get the two-pack with the Lighting Node Pro and the RGB Lighting Hub.

Many thanks Solarity.

I'm hoping to avoid having to use multiple software platforms for RGB. In addition to the m/board and fans, I am aiming to install G.Skilll Trident DIMMS and a Gigabyte RTX2070 GPU (Aorus or Gaming OC). My understanding is that ICue only works with Corsair products - is that right?

If I do get the LL140s, I will get the two-pack with the Lighting Node Pro and the RGB Lighting Hub.

Just thinking out loud here but, If your going down the Corsair route and for ease of RGB syncing, have you considered Corsair RGB RAM instead of G.Skill? I have always used G.Skill RAM myself until this latest build and I have to say, I'm really impressed with my current Vengeance RGB Pro.

Edited by Johnny_B500

Just thinking out loud here but, If your going down the Corsair route and for ease of RGB syncing, have you considered Corsair RGB RAM instead of G.Skill? I have always used G.Skill RAM myself until this latest build and I have to say, I'm really impressed with my current Vengeance RGB Pro.

Hello Johnny, and thanks very much for the input. I hadn't considered Corsair RAM to be honest - I have seen numerous reviews pointing me toward G.Skill, but I am open to alternatives if the performance warrants it.

I don't know if it makes any difference at all, but I plan to have static colours only on my RGB fans and memory. I am not interested in rainbow or breathing effects. Is syncing still an issue of concern?

Hello Johnny, and thanks very much for the input. I hadn't considered Corsair RAM to be honest - I have seen numerous reviews pointing me toward G.Skill, but I am open to alternatives if the performance warrants it.

I don't know if it makes any difference at all, but I plan to have static colours only on my RGB fans and memory. I am not interested in rainbow or breathing effects. Is syncing still an issue of concern?

You will have a better experience if everything syncs whether it be a static color or otherwise. RGB is fairly limitless and, if you get into making your own color profiles the 'mood' style lighting you can create (none dancing unicorns) can be quite impressive.