Corsair Community

iCUE not registering fans connected to Commander Pro

Skiiwee29

So I ordered a Corsair Commander Pro and it arrived today. I have 6 ML120 Pro fans, 3 120mm 3 140mm hooked up to it for now with the intentions of changing out to LL series fans in the near future. Problem im having is that iCUE isnt recognizing the fans properly. It seems to (usually, they sometimes drop out) read Fan 1 & 2, albeit with very wild RPM ratings from 0 all the way up to 12,000+, but 3-6 doesnt seem to register at all. All 6 fans are powered up and running no issues, but I can not control them this way to set my fan profiles I want.

I have uninstalled Asus Aura Sync as I know it can cause compatibility issues since they use the same bus to talk from what ive read. I have also uninstalled my other software I was using to control my fans and monitor, Argus Monitor. Only thing I haven't uninstalled is HWinfo64 or MSI Afterburner.

Any ideas/thoughts/tips/tricks you guys know of?

• Like 1

I don't use HWInfo so I downloaded the portable version to see what was happening. Yes, it sent my Commander Pro's into a fit - my H₂O temperature was reading 1.2°C (but it did make the fans quite silent), the 12V rail was reading ~0.1V etc. HWInfo and ICUE are fighting for control over the USB bus and this seems to cause the problem you are experiencing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=35549&d=1555530500

If you wish to use ICUE & HWInfo together, disable the "CorsairLink & Asetek Support" option in the HWInfo settings as shown in the screen cap above. Once I did this and restarted ICUE, everything went back to normal.

hwinfo.png.a9e8a6da2c491c7b59103c157f26a410.png

• Confused 1

^^^ This is a common issue and has been repeatedly addressed here.

Note that this says "Asetek" support - it's not just limited to Corsair devices.

Thanks. I had mainly used HWInfo64 for a taskbar readout of my CPU temp and OSD of it, but I can use different programs to accomplish the samething, so I removed HWInfo64 and all is well.