Corsair Community

Crazy fans RPM / Commando Pro

Wintersun

It's been a few days that i thought that the fans on my 1080Ti were going crazy but turns out its the Commando pro with the six LL120's connected to it.

Doesn't matter which profile i choose(Quiet,balanced,Extreme) still happens.

Here the screens:

https://i.imgur.com/U2XrMF2.png

https://i.imgur.com/MC7JW4f.png

It mostly happens when opening games or even programs,youtube videos,is this normal ? anyone have this issue aswell ?

Thanks

If you click on the Dashboard in iCUE, what is your CPU temp? Regardless of each profile, they are typically tied to the CPU temp - so ultimately they will ramp up if the CPU temp is quickly rising. How are you cooling your CPU? Air or AIO liquid cooling? Is this a new build or an existing one?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get a sense of your build.

Tony

The default profiles are tied to the CPU temperature - and modern CPUs have pretty dynamic temperatures, no matter what you do.

You need to create a custom curve based on a more stable (and appropriate) temperature. The Commander Pro comes with 4 temp sensors specifically for this. Use 'em to have your case fan speeds based on the internal case temperature.

If you click on the Dashboard in iCUE, what is your CPU temp? Regardless of each profile, they are typically tied to the CPU temp - so ultimately they will ramp up if the CPU temp is quickly rising. How are you cooling your CPU? Air or AIO liquid cooling? Is this a new build or an existing one?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get a sense of your build.

Tony

Its a week old build,i'm using the H150i with push/pull config for cooling a 9900k.

https://i.imgur.com/TimDO6g.png

Edited by Wintersun

From what I've gleaned from your first & last post, you have 6 x LL fans on your Corsair CLC driven by a Commander Pro cooling your H150i...

You need to build some custom fan curves for the Commander Pro and use the H150i's liquid temperature for the sensor (source). The liquid temperature doesn't fluctuate wildly like the CPU package does and is how the H150i would operate natively (using the H150i's fan headers).

From what I've gleaned from your first & last post, you have 6 x LL fans on your Corsair CLC driven by a Commander Pro cooling your H150i...

You need to build some custom fan curves for the Commander Pro and use the H150i's liquid temperature for the sensor (source). The liquid temperature doesn't fluctuate wildly like the CPU package does and is how the H150i would operate natively (using the H150i's fan headers).

I think i fixed it with a custom fan curve :biggrin:

https://i.imgur.com/lsQYU1T.png

Thank you all for the replys!

That should do it, when iCUE is running. If you get annoyed by a fan blast at boot or spend some time with the software not running, you will want to use one of the temp probes from the Commander Pro. These work natively and do not require the software. You can tape it discretely to the exhaust side of the radiator. Radiator exhaust temp will be approximately equal to coolant temp, usually by a -1 or -2C offset. The same curve will work.

CPU temperature is the only thing you can be sure every PC is going to have. Most people are better serves by using coolant temp or GPU temp for case heat management, but there is no guarantee those things are in place. Recommend everyone make a different choice, once they get it all set-up.

I think one of these curves may be more advantageous. Your H150i's H₂O temperature should never be approaching the upper reaches of your curve (if the liquid exceeds 60⁰C, you may begin to leak). The 3 curves I have listed should **approximate the points on the default curves for the H150i Pro...

No code has to be inserted here.

** Please note that the minimum RPM of your fans is 600rpm, therefore a number of entries in the above table have been set to the fan's minimum RPM rather than what they would actually calculate to be (as it is lower).

<snip>

If you get annoyed by a fan blast at boot or spend some time with the software not running, you will want to use one of the temp probes from the Commander Pro. These work natively and do not require the software.

<snip>

Hence when I next do maintenance on my open loop I intend to add a second Phobia 10kΏ inline temperature sensor to the loop. I run 2 x Commander Pro's and share the H₂O temperature across the two Commander Pro's and get blasted until Windows loads (when Corsair's USB driver loads) with the device not hosting the probe's fans.

Edited by BlaiseP