Corsair Community

Pump Speed effect on Life of Product

MaverickSY19

I just bought a H115i Pro and installed it. I also own some H115i V2 devices. These devices have 2 or 3 pump speeds. Is there any drawback to running them at the top end pump speed 100% of the time. Honestly I have tried all speeds and I can't hear any difference in sound from where my tower sits to my ears.

As I'm normally playing some AAA games on my system or crushing my CPU with some video editing I would be happy to just leave my H115i Pro on max pump speed all the time and not worry about it unless it will lower the life of the product.

I still have a H115i V2 in my wifes computer but I think I have that pump on the lower setting as she is mostly doing Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop which are not super CPU intensive over long periods of time.

I believe I asked this like 3 years ago and the answer was that there is no issues running them at full speed all the time but I wanted to confirm that was still the case as now these devices have been around longer.

One other question I had was do I need to install Corsair Link at all anymore or just iCUE only now with the 115i Pro?

Thanks any assistance.

No, there shouldn't be any adverse effects. The pumps are designed to run at these maximum speeds, so it should be safe. For example, my ancient H80 and H100 have been running on two PCs in the household with maximum pump speed since they were released now and still running strong. I'm also running my H115i RGB Platinum at Extreme pump speed at all times, too, as it allows my 9900K to remain under reasonable temperatures even when the CPU is stressed to the maximum (plus, with this cooler it actually runs at slightly quieter/more pleasant frequencies to my ears than the lower RPM "Quiet" mode for some reason, too). Edited by Glzmo