Corsair Community

Case Layout

Salsiccia

Hi guys,

For the last couple of weeks I've been toying with the best way to incorporate my new H100i RGB Platinum cooler and extra ML-140 fans into my existing case and I found myself trying to diagram where I wanted things to go - and thought I'd share it here - just for giggles.

I know Zotty has done some amazing work here diagramming the RGB component connectivity and I've unashamedly "borrowed" his work to help me figure out how to connect my new bits together, but I wanted to try to understand my component placement with respect to case airflow - which is arguably just as important as wiring and connectivity.

So I threw this together and then thought you guys may well have thoughts on how I could do it better.

I found that just the act of putting this diagram together has made me think about things a bit more than I had before so its been a useful exercise.

Still not sure this solution is ideal, but given that my gear is nowhere near bleeding edge I reckon it will work for my amateur abilities !!

2hFzbeC.png

I don't think there is any other way to do it on a Cosmos without taking out the 200mm fan and even then, I am not sure an AIO would reach the front rail. Unclear how much benefit that would have anyway. It looks good to me. Radiator fans above or below won't make much difference, but I think you do want exhaust in this instance.

You're right c-attack, the AIO won't reach the front rail. That's ideally how I wanted it, but the case is just too big.

Somebody else suggested in another thread placing another fan at the bottom of the upper chamber to blow in air coming in from the 200mm up to the exhaust area, but I think that might just bump into the graphics card and just bounce around.

The 2 120mms up top is what I will be able to see from my seat as this is a windowless case and there's a mesh grill above the fans.

The 140mm at the front will be visible too.

I've actually started looking at windowed cases, but my challenge there is due to the way my study is set up the PC is to my left which means I need a case with a window on the right and it seems that's called an "inverted layout". The vast majority of cases I can find are left windowed. I did find the Corsair Carbide Series Clear 600C which looks like it would do the job so I might keep an eye out for that. My favourite retailer here doesn't stock it, but might be able to get it in. Failing that, their competition does stock it !!

I've done a lot of reading about should a top, rear mounted rad be intake or exhaust and I went for exhaust in my case as otherwise my balance of intake vs exhaust would be totally out of whack. In my case the CPU and graphics cards are nowhere near top end components and with such a big case I really don't anticipate any heating dramas. I will position some of the temp probes from my CoPro just to keep an eye on things as well, but I'm sure it will be fine.