Corsair Community

ICue on server 2016

Cook4Life

Hi,

I have an Hyper-V server running Windows server 2016

The motherboard is dual CPU and has 2 corsair AOI on it. The Corsair Hydro are without the managed pump so i can only regulate the fan's

Questions

1. Can i use the ICUE software on server 2016?
  2. Where do i put the fan's temp probes from the commander?
  3. Any other tips and trics?

1) Yes, you can (not on Server Core tho) but it's not officially supported. Also, you'll need to make sure that you can run in hardware mode unless you plan on having the desktop logged in at all times.

2) That's a tough one. You'll need the CoPro fans to be linked to the temp probes to run in hardware mode. The answer to that really varies by configuration, case and usage.

Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for the swift reply but i not sure i understand.

What is hardware mode?

Is CoPro short for Commander Pro?

My config is a SuperMicro X8DTH-i/6/iF/6F with 2 Intel® Xeon® CPU L5640.

Be quit fans and one H115i and one H90. I noticed that the H115i is icue compatible but i'm not sure what this means. All is build in a Fractal Design XL R2

CoPro is short for Commander Pro.

Hardware mode is a configuration for lighting. Also, you'll want to consider that for the Commander Pro as well for fan control - if the fans are controlled/set to the internal temp sensors, you'll be good.

If, however, you log in to the Desktop and leave it logged in (not locked), you'll be able to do all of the fancy software stuff with iCUE.