Corsair Community

High CPU usage

ROBOCALYPSE

• Corsair Employee
Hello, i've encountered high CPU usage after updating to the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build 20201 from build 20197, Corsair Service cpu usage rose up from like 1,5-2% to 16-17%. Any things u can recommend other then trying to go back to previous build? Thanks.

Have you tried repair installation on iCUE in Apps under Windows settings and see if the cpu usage goes down?

Also, if you could provide us spec of your system, it would really help troubleshoot the problem. Thanks

my ryzen 3600x is STILL getting constantly worked by ICUE and its related services. it should downlock to 3.8ghz around 1.0v and with ICUE running it never does. its constantly at 1.45+v and 4.3+ ghz

im almost certain its ICUE as i have tested, as per AMD instructions, to disable every background process like AMD RADEON, and any monitoring tools except CPU-Z.

i close every program except ICUE, including radeon etc etc. CPU still at a working load. Close ICUE, still at working load. open task manager and end lighting.service.exe CPU INSTANTLY downclocks as its suppose to. 3.8ghz 1.0v

tried ending lighting.service.exe while ICUE is still running. no dice.

i am aware lighting.service.exe is an asus program i however have no asus stuff installed except the needed software to get ICUE to recognise the asus MOBO and GPU for lighting sync.

i HAVE run the windows repair on ICUE through windows. i am using the latest ICUE version. latest AMD chipset driver, latest AMD radeon driver. Latest Win10 64 version.

is there realy no way to get RGB to work without constantly abusing the CPU?

system info.bmp

Have you tried repair installation on iCUE in Apps under Windows settings and see if the cpu usage goes down?

Also, if you could provide us spec of your system, it would really help troubleshoot the problem. Thanks

Hello,yes i tried to reinstall the icue but without the success, im on Ryzen 3800X, 16gigs of 3800ram, gtx 1080. Windows 10 build 20201

I have the following Corsair hardware:

6 LL fans

Commander Pro

h150i pro aio

rm1000i power supply

lightning node pro with 4 rgb led strips

Hello, I have installed iCUE too, using only one Corsair keyboard, and in Task Manager the CPU usage is around 5%, but what I found out, unchecking the "Enable plugins" in the software reduces the CPU usage to the normal 0,1-0,4%. Not sure what plugins cause that, I dont use any, but it works, at least for me.

ooFAewk.png

Edited by Zoli_G
  • Like 1