Corsair Community

Question - Running Setup Without iCue

scope11

Long story short - I'm having BDOD issues ever since installing the new 3.14.x iCue. Also suffering from my Commander Pro losing connection to the 6 fans connected to it, and have to "troubleshoot" the device to bring it back online.

What I'm wondering: After exhausting many avenues to diagnose BSOD issues (including every hardware test imaginable and a fresh install of Windows 10), I'd like to attempt to rule out iCue. What happens to all the fans, pump, keyboard, mouse if I completely uninstall iCue and run everything without it? Is there a default for fans/cooler? For reference my setup includes:

- Commander Pro with 6 LL fans

- H150i Pro with 3 SP fans

- LNP with 4 light strips

- 2x Vengance RGB 8gb RAM

- Dark Core SE Mouse (wired)

- K95 RGB Platinum

- 2x RGB Fan Controllers

Not too worried about lighting and mouse/keyboard macros, just want to try and run without this software and see if my BSOD issues go away. BUT I don't want to risk any overheating possibilities.

Thanks

H150i, LNP connected strips/fans, RAM will all run their "hardware lighting" mode assigned in that section of iCUE lighting for each device. You have decent options there.

H150i fans (assuming they are SP120 PWM) will continue to run from the coolant temperature and fan profile as saved in the cooler.

K95P will revert to one of the three HW1-3 mode onboard profiles. No issues there either.

The more variable one is the Commader Pro connected fans. If the fans are running from the temperature sensors connected to the C-Pro as the control variable, they will continue on exactly as they are. If you are running from one of the three default curves (based on CPU temp), they should continue on the same, but I have not tested this and never use them. Where you would notice an immediate change is if you have based some of the fans curves from motherboard derived values like GPU temp. Without the software it cannot gather than info and the fans will go full blast. Aside from that, everything should be a smooth transition.

H150i, LNP connected strips/fans, RAM will all run their "hardware lighting" mode assigned in that section of iCUE lighting for each device. You have decent options there.

H150i fans (assuming they are SP120 PWM) will continue to run from the coolant temperature and fan profile as saved in the cooler.

K95P will revert to one of the three HW1-3 mode onboard profiles. No issues there either.

The more variable one is the Commader Pro connected fans. If the fans are running from the temperature sensors connected to the C-Pro as the control variable, they will continue on exactly as they are. If you are running from one of the three default curves (based on CPU temp), they should continue on the same, but I have not tested this and never use them. Where you would notice an immediate change is if you have based some of the fans curves from motherboard derived values like GPU temp. Without the software it cannot gather than info and the fans will go full blast. Aside from that, everything should be a smooth transition.

Thanks for this. The Commander Pro does not have a temp sensor connected, and the fan curves I'm running are custom and based off the H150i coolant temp for now. I was using CPU Package, but found it too variable - fans would start and stop way too often. I guess I could exit software and max out CPU for a few minutes to see what happens. I need to ensure something drives these fans without iCue, as I run a media server with many users transcoding.