Corsair Community

Can't assign macro to a key combo?

guering

Wait, so you're telling me I can't create a macro and assign it to, let's say, CTRL + 1? How can this software be missing such a basic function?

I'm new here, I just got this keyboard (K63). How responsive Corsair devs are to feedback? Do they read the forums or should I try another faster channel? I need them to change this, or this keyboard will be near to useless to me. I can't replace my default keys (obviously, who in their sanity would think this is a good idea?).

I've just found out that I can't costumize the keyboard to light specific keys either.

Even thought I like the keyboard shape and overall feel, this is not a good start at all.

the k63 does lack per key back-lighting as far as I know (my wireless one does). I think all higher number models have it except maybe the new wireless one. The best bet is if you make a Ctrl profile in icue, then have Ctrl in your default mode switch to the ctrl profile while pressed. Then the 1 key would do whatever you want. Let us know if you want more detail, this is just a user forum, but what you are describing can be achieved. However per key backlighting is not available on that model.

the k63 does lack per key back-lighting as far as I know (my wireless one does). I think all higher number models have it except maybe the new wireless one. The best bet is if you make a Ctrl profile in icue, then have Ctrl in your default mode switch to the ctrl profile while pressed. Then the 1 key would do whatever you want. Let us know if you want more detail, this is just a user forum, but what you are describing can be achieved. However per key backlighting is not available on that model.

Thx for replying.

So I can set iCue to change profile while holding CTRL? And on release it goes back to the original profile I'm using?

Thx for replying.

So I can set iCue to change profile while holding CTRL? And on release it goes back to the original profile I'm using?

Yeah it did work, I've set it to activate "while pressing", but once assigned to CTRL, the key is replaced to activate the other profile, I needed it to retain the CTRL function so I can keep using it regularly.