Corsair Community

[new user] macros -- 'while key is pressed'

jamrat

Hi,

New user here, and apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there an event or events in the macros to detect 'while a key is pressed'?

I have done some research and found old solutions about switching between multiple profiles, but I wondered whether any simpler and more direct solutions have since been made available in updates?

Thanks!

I think you can only do profile switching while pressed...or imitate holding key.

Can you elaborate a little more with what your goal is? Not sure I understand what you mean.

If you mean can icue do something if some other key is pressed, and change a particular key's function, then yes you do need to create individual profiles to achieve that.

• Confused 1

I think you can only do profile switching while pressed...or imitate holding key.

Can you elaborate a little more with what your goal is? Not sure I understand what you mean.

If you mean can icue do something if some other key is pressed, and change a particular key's function, then yes you do need to create individual profiles to achieve that.

Many thanks for the reply. What I mean is that for as long as I hold down the macro key, it will respond as if I am holding down, say, Shift + W + E. And it will release when I am no longer holding the macro key down.

The reason this would be useful is because I play PC games with a keyboard and mouse, and some games are pretty shoddy console ports that aren't that keyboard friendly.

I was hoping the software updates might have had a 'while' event added. Maybe one day!