Corsair Community

Faulty RGB 'Y' Connection on h100i Platinum?

T.Thrace

Hi,

I just installed a Corsair H100i Platinum 240mm CPU cooler, with 2 LL120 RGB fans, and upon using iCUE to set the RGB colors I noticed one of the fans LEDs 'flickering' when I selected any color off the outer edge of the color selector. I swapped out the flickering fan with another of the same type, still had flickering. The fan plugged into the "1" RGB cable from the fan functions perfectly, but no matter which fan I plug into the unlabeled/#2 port the LEDs flicker. So, I'm fairly sure it's a problem with the connector, but I'm not sure what my next step is [simple fix, or RMA].

Has anyone had any issues like this, or know of a fix for the flickering?

Many Thanks in advance

**EDIT** - Just discovered anything between Yellow and Orange on the outer edge also flickers.

Edited by T.Thrace

It's possible that one of the connectors is loose in the housing. Can you examine them and maybe push the pins in to the housing and make sure that they are fully seated and latched? Note that this isn't the fan connection but the pins on the cooler's connections.

If that doesn't resolve it, there likely isn't an easy fix.

The only thing I can find while checking all cables, is that the unlabeled/#2 RGB connection only has 3 pins where every other RGB connector [RGB hub and #1 from the cooler] have 4 pin connections.

And that's fine and normal. The #2 connection only has Data In (Pin 3), no Data Out (Pin 2). So that's not the issue.

It's likely, then, that the crimp on one of the pins was a little off - at least, that's my guess. This can happen for any number of reasons but there's no easy way for you to fix it yourself.

**Edit** Would it be possible to run the RGB for these fans from a ComPro and skip the H100i RGB connectors altogether?

---

Well, many thanks for your help - looks like I 'get' to replace the cooler.

Edited by T.Thrace

**Edit** Would it be possible to run the RGB for these fans from a ComPro and skip the H100i RGB connectors altogether?

---

Well, many thanks for your help - looks like I 'get' to replace the cooler.

Absolutely. It may even be preferable to run the cooler fan lighting through a LNP or C-Pro if you have other Corsair RGB fans of the same type. This puts them in the “same loop” as the others for sequenced or wave effects. Otherwise the cooler fans and C-Pro controlled fans will act like two systems.

Absolutely. It may even be preferable to run the cooler fan lighting through a LNP or C-Pro if you have other Corsair RGB fans of the same type. This puts them in the “same loop” as the others for sequenced or wave effects. Otherwise the cooler fans and C-Pro controlled fans will act like two systems.

Outstanding, thank you!