Corsair Community

115i Pro high temp at 1% load

jdgate21

Concerned I may have bad out of the box 115i Pro. I hooked it up (intake), brand new build (MSI B450 gaming pro carbon, AMD Ryzen 5 2600) and at idle 1% load, I have a cpu temp fluctuating around 72c. I am not overclocking. At 6% load I jump to over 80c. The pump temp shows 20c. I kicked the fan and pump to extreme. The pump shows 2700 rpm and still no difference. I have the fans connected to the cooler, and the cooler hooked to the CPU-fan header. I disabled the bios control of the fan and pumps to give the pump full control through the corsair software. I also checked temps with Speccy to verify the software was not reading wrong. The rest of the board temps show normal ranges also (23c-28c). I took off the cooler and thermal paste and re-applied in case it was a bad connection and still no change. The ambient temperature of the room is 20c. I am still within the return period to the local place I bought, so I could always exchange it. Wondering if I missed something. Edited by jdgate21

High CPU temperature and low coolant temp (H115i Pro temp) usually means a contact problem. Check to make sure the backplate is turned the right direction. Make sure the thumbscrews actually go into the backplate threaded hole. When you took it off previously, was the TIM spread? Or in clumps?

Also, make sure you are using iCUE. Link will not correctly read the temps on the Ryzen CPUs.

Edited by c-attack

The tim was spread out, missing a corner section of the cpu. I have the thumb screws tight over the AMD plastic bracket on the AM4 socket they hook onto (i watched a few youtube videos to make sure I was installing it correctly). Link and speccy were giving me the CPU temp, ICUE was showing the pump liquid temp. Additionally link shows my VCPU as 0.85v.

Do not use Link for a 2000 series Ryzen. It won't read the values correctly. You really need to use iCUE for that.

Readings with Link will be high. No two ways about it. So it's possible that you are chasing a phantom because the software is reading incorrectly.

Do not use Link for a 2000 series Ryzen. It won't read the values correctly. You really need to use iCUE for that.

Readings with Link will be high. No two ways about it. So it's possible that you are chasing a phantom because the software is reading incorrectly.

Thanks a bunch. You were spot on with the issue being the link software. I had to uninstall both the link and ICUE software as it would not let me select the CPU package or my motherboard temps with ICUE. After re-installing ICUE, I was able to select both and everything shows within normal temps. Thanks again everyone for saving me from another long night frustration.