Corsair Community

Bad experience with recent RMA - Ticket No: 862623 & 873816

TDLN

In 15 years of building PCs and around 12 years of buying Corsair products I've never had to RMA anything until now and it's been a long drawn out process.

My PSU started to produce some issues which I explained in the ticket, I attached the photos of the S/N and the PSU. After the RMA was approved I contacted customer service using the live chat to see if I can arrange an advanced replacement as I can't use the PC without a PSU. I talked with the customer service agent for about 40 minutes where he would take about 5 minutes to reply to each message, he eventually told me he could arrange an advanced replacement and began offering me a choice of models. 20 minutes later and trying to get him to offer something close to my RMA'd PSU he told me that he couldn't actually offer me any model and I'd have to wait for the manager to choose the model for me (Why he spent 20 minutes offering replacement models is beyond me).

I contacted live chat 2 days later as I didn't get any reply regarding the advanced RMA. This time the chat took around 1 hour 30 minutes, 2 agents disconnected on me after waiting 15/20minutes for a reply. The third agent did eventually create the advanced RMA after taking over an hour. After putting down the deposit for the replacement PSU (£190) I got a notification that a new shipping label had been produce, the old label had a UK address as the shipping address for my faulty PSU but the new one was changed to the Netherlands without even telling me. Now it's going to cost me £40-£50 which is a third of what I paid for the PSU in the first place. I've tried contacting both Corsair and Corsair Support on twitter as I'm not wasting another hour on live chat, sadly I've not had a reply so I'm trying here. I received the replacement PSU but the box has a big hole punched in the side, I've not opened the box as I don't want to use the PSU and have to RMA it because something was damaged prior to me receiving it.

I hope the 2 outstanding problems (RMA address for faulty PSU & damaged replacement) can be fixed by some Corsair rep in here or if a fellow user can bestow some advice I'd appreciate it.

Will start to look at alternate manufacturers for a PSU and other parts If this RMA isn't fixed.

The original RMA ticket is: 862623

The advance RMA ticket is: 873816

• Corsair Employees

Hello TDLN,

I want to apologize for all the inconvenience you've gone through in regards to setting up an ARMA. For ARMAs the rep should of requested a prepaid label for you. If they didn't from what I've read, I will go ahead and process that request for you.

Once you've received the label please send in the unit to us. It shouldn't cost you anything.

When we receive the unit back and it has been processed, the ARMA deposit would be refunded back to you.

Best,

Wootaru

Hi,

Thanks for the timely reply, when will I receive the prepaid label and where do I find it? Can you provide a solution for the damaged replacement I was sent, as I stated the box has a big hole punched in the side of it and I don't want to use or open the replacement incase it's been damaged.