Corsair Community

Uninstalling 500d se fan cables

JohnMatthews

First time builder so this question my be really dumb. Sorry. I just received my corsair 500d se case and the commander pro is installed on the side where the motherboard and everything else goes. It loos disgusting, so I decided to change it to the other side of the case. However I don't seem to be able to uninstall the fan cables from the commander pro. Are they stuck? or do I have to unlock a click to uninstall? Thanks.

First time builder so this question my be really dumb. Sorry. I just received my corsair 500d se case and the commander pro is installed on the side where the motherboard and everything else goes. It loos disgusting, so I decided to change it to the other side of the case. However I don't seem to be able to uninstall the fan cables from the commander pro. Are they stuck? or do I have to unlock a click to uninstall? Thanks.

Which fan cables? If it's the standard PWM connectors, they should just come out. If it's the cable from the Commander Pro to the Lighting Hub, it does have a latch on top. You need to press it down ... and it can be finicky.