Corsair Community

Non-LED Corsair Fans with Lighting Node Pro

Sanatorious

Thanks, so the fan hub that comes with the kit... what does it do?

Do I have control through iCue of those two fans?

$60 Commander Pro + two $40 LL140s + existing fans = $140

$90 LL140 Kit + $40 LL140 + $25 LL120 = $155

Edited by Sanatorious
Additional Notes

The fan hub that comes with them in the RGB Fan LED Hub. It distributes power and signal to the RGB Fans. You won't have speed control of any fans with it.

If you want to be able to control the speed of any fans in iCUE, they need to be attached to a radiator controller or the Commander Pro. Outside of that, you'll use the motherboard ("traditional control").

And check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

Incredible "RGB FAQ and Sample Diagrams". So if I buy the Commander Pro I still need to buy an RGB hub.

So let's say I stick with the LL140 Kit. My motherboard has two System Fan headers. I would then need to buy two 2-fan splitters and let the system drive fan speeds. Does that work? I don't think I want to put all 4 fans on one header. Unsure what current they draw.

You always need a RGB Lighting Hub. That is in the twin pack of LL140 or it costs about $10 by itself -- if you can find it. This is the physical power conduit for the fan lighting. Fan lighting and fan motor power are split between two sources. That's the only way you can put 16 LEDs on a fan and fry motherboard headers. The LNP or Commander Pro is the software link. This is how you control the LED effects.

0.30A per LL fan, so no... 4 on one motherboard header is out. 2 would be my suggestion. 3 is technically under specification, but pushing your margin of error close to the edge.

You have the LL140 twin pack. I would suggest installing it and see if you like them. If all is wonderful, you can add 2 more LL singles and the Commander pro at a later date. If you want fan speed control, the C-Pro would directly replace the LNP in the system. However, that doesn't mean the LNP is wasted. You can daisy chain those things off the C-Pro to create more lighting channels.

Got it done with the LL140 Lighting Node Pro kit and a SilverStone PWM fan hub. Wire routing nightmare. Realized the two Corsair 350D included fans are non-PWM.

Have a SATA cable from PSU now with the following:

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB HDD (0.7A)

- Corsair Lighting Node Pro (assuming powered by SATA and not USB, minimal A)

- Corsair RGB Fan Hub (minimal A)

-- PWM LL140 x2 (0.6A)

-- 350D 120mm (0.3A)

-- 350D 140mm (0.3A)

- SilverStone hub driving 4 fans (minimal A)

I have no idea what the total load is, but I'm guessing they didn't put that many SATA connectors in series without sizing the cable appropriately. I'm guessing I'm under 4.5A.

Lighting current on the LL140 fans is 0.62A peak, so 1.24A for the RGB Lighting Hub. You seem to be safely under, but if you start adding more LL fans, I would look to separate the fan controller from the RGB Lighting Hub controller to balance things out. While I don't think the LL hits its 0.62 lighting peak often, a full controller of 6 is certainly a load.