Corsair Community

H150i pump clicking noise in Quiet mode only

bgunn925

I've had an H150i Pro since around Christmas and just today I noticed the pump has started making a clicking noise when in Quiet mode, only. [ame=https://youtu.be/W6UCixaZbg4]Here is a recording of the noise.[/ame] I recently changed my motherboard, which I did while leaving the 500D case in its upright, standing position. I had to tie the pump block up (above the radiator) and off to the side while maneuvering the motherboard into place, so I'm thinking an air bubble has become stuck in the pump area or something. Does anyone know the least invasive way to correct this?

Cycle back and forth between the low (1100) and Extreme (~2850) pump settings every 10 seconds or so. Essentially you are trying to create a moment of pressure on the low to high shift that will displace the offending air bubble. If you're not making progress, try tipping the case a little. In this case maybe rocking backwards, so the rear exhaust is lower. That may help the air bubble get out of the CPU block and back "up" toward the radiator.