Corsair Community

twinx1024-3200XL can't boot in MSI 865PE

stivirino

Hi Ram Guy & Folks,

Finally, I decided to try twinx1024-3200xl. :!:

I first installed them, as I normally would : banks 0&2, timings by SPD (2-2-2-5), Voltage: 2.8v. I could not boot. :damnit:

I then tried one module at a time, same setting with no problem. When I put both of them in banks 0&1, No problem.

I then gave another try at dual channel (banks0&2) No Boot. :grrr:

Pulled out one of them, reset timings to 2.5, boot ok, then installed the other module DC leaving the timing at 2.5, and booted ok. :brick:

I will probably be running memtest tonight. My other hardware is displayed on the signature :idea:

:question: What are your thoughts meanwhile? Any other settings I should try?

Thanx in advance, I know you work hard.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and then set the timings manually with the Dim Voltage set to 2.8 Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. And you have 3500C2 modules listed in your signature, you are not mixing these are you?

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and then set the timings manually with the Dim Voltage set to 2.8 Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. And you have 3500C2 modules listed in your signature, you are not mixing these are you?

that was fast!!

I do have the latest bios.

set timings manually to....?

I normally only use 2.8 Voltage by default (corsair is good)

Mixing memories? I'm not that novice! it's just that a little expert supervision can not hurt (my ego doesn't suffer from it). You are the best after all.

Untill now I had 512-3500c2 you recomended me back in 2003 (my first post). I needed more ram and it has been hard to get. so I'm trying these to see how I do. Back in 2003 I wasn't lucky with the 3200LL that's why I was reluctant to try these, as you see they are giving me a little trouble. Let's see if we can get them through.

Thanx in advance,

Archived