Corsair Community

Picture of CMK32GX4M2K4133C19

rtaylor777

Hi, I recently ordered this ram from Amazon.ca and when it arrived there was no aluminum heat sinks on it. I took a picture of what I saw and immediately packaged it up and sent it back.

My question is what should it have looked like? I have attempted to attach a picture of what was in the box to this post.

Thanks,

20190323_135625.thumb.jpg.25abd51419edbc37ba2d0792fbe1ca0f.jpg

No, it should not. Unclear as to what you have. It could actually be that memory with the heatsinks stripped off or it could be something else entirely. Unfortunately, I've seen this happen before. People buy stuff from Amazon, return something else in the box that is not distinguishable to the someone without specific knowledge, and the return agent packages it back up for sale.

Below is the product link.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/vengeance-lpx-black/p/CMK32GX4M2K4133C19

I didn't realize they still handed out those Vengeance air coolers. Packaging on the bottom of that page looks considerably more svelte and that tend to be how it is now, but it be just a marketing image. The package in your photo looks genuine and includes the airflow model. However, it also says quad channel on 2x16 kit and I can't find any current offering in the LPX with the fans. It could be older. Not sure at this point and I would prefer someone from Corsair check it out. Obviously you don't want whatever was in that box, but something is a little fishy and I suspect someone wanted that color heatsink for their own purposes, then shipped it back.