Corsair Community

Rainbow on Lock Screen

vbc_bnt

Hello,

Just bought the K68 RGB keyboard and installed iCue. Everything seems great except that on the Windows Lock Screen the keyboard lights up rainbow. It is awful I just want it to turn off when I lock my PC so my room isn't lit up.

I searched the forums and this topic came up with no definite answer. I love everything about his keyboard but HATE the rainbow on the lock screen. It's a deal breaker. Please tell me how I can fix this. Selecting a "Stealth" profile that I made and clicking "Save Static Lighting and Performance to Drive" does nothing...

From what I understand the K68 does not have on board memory for saving RGB static profiles. If you look at the features for the K70 and K95 you will see on board memory for saving RGB profiles, etc. The K68 page makes no mention of the on board memory. The K68 is a cheaper alternative to the K70. The "Save Static Lighting and Performance to Drive" is for exporting profiles so you can give them to friends to use, etc.

I think if you are still within the return period, you could always return the keyboard. There might be some other alternative way around this in windows, other than not locking your PC.

When you lock the PC it disconnects the USB devices from iCue. I don't know if this is for security and if it is done by Windows. When a device is powered, but disconnected from iCue it defaults to the HW Profile. In some cases like the K68, Mouse Pad, Headphone Holder, all of which have no onboard memory, it will default to Rainbow. Items like the LNP, CoPro, higher end mice and keyboard will default to what ever the user saved. If nothing was saved then it will be rainbow.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...