Corsair Community

2018 Corsair H60 pump and block

Contiusa

Does anyone know if the new H60 has a new / revamped pump or something? Does it have the same speed of the old H60? In general they update the hardware, even some details, like it was mentioned in Gamer Nexus that Asetek had made some changes in the block (I know that the H60 is from CoolIT).

I liked the old H60 block and I'm considering buying one to use the block for a mod (360 rad). Can I cut the tubes? Does it have the same standard barbed connector that we see in these units?

And why the SATA cable? Is that for the LED? Because as far as I know it does not have Corsair Link, right? I don't like these apps anyway.

Regards,

I'm hearing about pump noise on the 2018 H60 on YouTube. There is a review that even mentions that the pump is audible with the system in idle.

Which is a pity if true (defective units?), because the CooliT pump was dead silent even testing outside the case with my backup PSU. Perhaps the plastic casing is not holding much of the noise? The old H60 (slick tubing) had a thick, heavy casing for the block.

It can't be Asetek. The mounting bracket is from CoolIT and the coldplate is not rounded. The reviewer must have made a mistake.

On Neweeg I've seen some people saying the pump runs silent. Some people complaining about noisy pumps got a response from Corsair to RMA the unit. At least on the description of the product is says the pump is optimized for silence or something along those lines.

I think I will give it a go. From my past experience, the CoolIT block is the best out there for sealed loops (although mine came with a backplate gap).

If I buy it, I'll leave a feedback for whoever is researching about it.

Archived