Corsair Community

Just need help confirming correct parts.

eclark5483

Build can be found here: https://builds.gg/builds/deepcool-matrexx-55-pacman-free-rgb-tutorial-3-15531

What I plan on is 4 Corsair RGB strips around the left side, 2 (possibly 3?) on the front, along with 6 LL120's. I'm purchasing a commander for fan control. Am I correct in that I will need The commander, 1 additional lighting node pro (to be plugged into Commander's USB hub, along with the lighting hub for the LL120's. I'm thinking I want to do the front independent of the left side's rgb strip display. Have the theme I'm using working on my own PC with the LL120's and other devices, but don't have any rgb strip configs on the Corsair stuff. I'm guessing this is correct, just need confirmation before ordering parts. Or can I somehow split RGB without the use of another lighting node.

Sorry, I probably explained wrong. I will in fact, be using 6 or 7 strips.

To illustrate this..

Take a look at this mock up:

55101-1000.jpg

As you can see, the left side will use 4 strips (one on each side), while the front of the case will need 2 or 3, which I want to run independent of the left side's color pattern and profile.

Like say, I wanted the left side strips to marquee, and the front ones to fade or blink.

The total RGB in the project will be more then this, but I want to make sure I have the Corsair end covered. I MIGHT go with a mini-ITX on the build, which limits me to 1 internal USB header, but again might go ATX. But that's a different subject. Mainly has to do with onboard wi-fi choices really.. but anyways.. back to the original question.. thanks.

If you do 6 strips, nothing changes. You can have up to 6 strips on a single lighting channel and yes, you have the control to do what you are intending.

If you go to 7 strips, you'll need an additional LNP. Then it'd make sense for you to split the front and the side onto different channels.

K that helps, thanks. It was that stray 7th one I was concerned about. But given the actual shorter height for installing the strips up front, I might be able to squeak by with just 6 LED strips, and 6 LL120's. The rest of the RGB will utilize onboard headers and the onboard aRGB of the case itself.

So it will be

1 Commander

11-978-004-V01.jpg

Plus 2 RGB hubs

CO-8950020-HD120_RGB_11.png

To control 6 LL120's, and 6 RGB strips, which I am able to control individually? Is this correct?

Also, is it possible to create an animation effect using the LL120's where pacman dies, or even a chomp effect?? You can almost even make a ghost if you turn off the right lights on the LL120's

pac.gif

I haven't tried yet, but almost seems possible?? Anyone??

OK, I think I get it now. Never used Corsair brand RGB strips, I thought they plugged into the RGB hub. I see by this example they get daisy chained. I wasn't aware I could still independently control the strips while daisy chained. Hmm, strange, but I like it.

http://i.imgur.com/n0CQZ2Vl.jpg

Archived