Corsair Community

Commander Pro Malfunction

TQM888

Hey guys,

So I built my first Gaming PC recently, and everything seems to be working right. Except the other day, my commander Pro suddenly stopped working.

I was downloading the drivers for my motherboard at the time, when all of a sudden I noticed all the fans hand stopped dead and the LED’s where no longer working. The CP was no longer showing up in Corsair Link or ICUE either.

I have 6 SP120 fans plugged into the CP and LED hub. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting I can think of/have seen on here:

- Tried a different USB header.

- Reset and shut down the PC.

- Uninstalled and reinstalled both Corsair Link and iCUE.

- Pressed and held the reset button on the CP, etc.

The USB ports on the CP still seem to be working, which have my PSU (Corsair rm850i) and AIO pump (Corsair H100i Pro) plugged into them.

I did read on here that you shouldn’t hot swap fans on the CP while the system is on. Which I did and now wonder if that caused it to stop working?

I noticed the CP was very hot when I touched it to swap the fan plugs over, before it stopped working. But the room temperature was very hot as well, so I didn’t really think much of it. Is it possible it over heated?

I had it plugged into one of the plugs on the SATA x4 cord I got with my PSU. The other 3 SATA plugs have the LED hub, pump and the Corsair LED light on the 570x case plugged into the cord. Was this maybe to much power going through the cord or something?

I also wonder if it is possible that one of the drivers I download is effecting the CP? Since it happened while I was downloading the drivers. I had no idea what drivers I really needed so I just downloaded all of them. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to try and narrow down if I did something wrong before I get another CP and make the same mistake.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance ! :)

Archived