Corsair Community

How do I save a k70mk2 profile JUST for the keyboard?

Guitarmageddon

So I got my k70 mk2 today, nice keyboard. I was messing around, trying to get that far cry flag, except when I import the profile, it changes ALL my lighting to be in accordance with the profile. How do I make JUST the keyboard do that, and not let it touch the rest of my settings for devices? (i.e., dont touch my harpoon, my commander pro, my h150 I, etc) What did I miss?

ok so what I basically ended up doing was having my normal profile before messing with all this, then importing the far cry menu profile just to get the keyboard color set. Once that happened, I then went into each of my other devices and changed all the settings to like they were in my first original profile. Is there a better way to go about doing this? Also, is it correct that the profile button on the board changes ALL the settings iCue touches? i.e. all my device? I would have thought it would do JUST the keyboard. Kind of confusing. Thanks for any input anyone can offer though

I am not sure what you mean by "it changes all my lighting". Are you using the Instant Lighting panel? That will certainly change all the lighting on all connected devices. That is meant to be a quick change along primary colors, not your profile creative palette.

Click on the keyboard in top row of device pictures. It should be the left most entry. In the menu on the left, click the "lighting effects" tab. Click the + symbol next to "Lighting Effects". This creates a new effect in the menu below. Use the drop down menus to change it to something else, modify, etc. The options and combinations are pretty extravagant. It will take some time to figure out how everything works. Remember the entire system has a top down hierarchy. This applies to effect layers and profiles. A color wave above a white static will play on top. Move it below the white static in the list and the keys will stay all white. For profiles, the top profile on your list is the "default". No special properties with the automatically created default profile. I drag a different one up top every few days. That's all it takes to change it.

The keyboard profile switch will shuffle between hardware profiles when iCUE is not running and software profiles when it is. If for whatever reason you want a series of keyboard color/function changes with the same fan/pump/ram/mouse lighting, the better thing to do is make duplicates. Set up your profile as you like with keyboard color A. Use the copy profile to make "Copy of Profile A" appear in left menu. Go to "copy of A", rename it Profile B, change keyboard color/actions/etc. Copy again, rename to C, make keyboard changes. As long as they are in a row in the menu, you go to the next one. You can also set up sub-routines for profile switching, only including a certain number of profiles in the loop. It's a little more complex, so maybe we'll save that until needed.

You can also copy existing lighting effects to the lighting library and do this, but the above is much faster. For pre-existing profiles, you can copy fan curves to all profiles any time you change them. This negates the need to do it individually any time you make a small change.

Ok some of that has started to make sense as I messed with it throughout the day. My question was, once I establish all those various layered effects on the lighting (for example the far cry one Im using is about a dozen) can that be chunked into one "profile." It appears thats not quite how it works. I wanted to be able to just drag and drop that to the hardware profile, but I guess it cant be? I guess thats a moot point since I leave the icue software in the background all the time anyway. And yes, that makes sense that if I dont want my fan profiles touched, but want various different keyboard profiles, that I should basically make a bunch of copies of my baseline, and just change the keyboard colors.

I figured I could save all those layered effects to one "profile name" and just select it as if I would select say "rainbow wave" or "static color" if you get what I mean there.

Something Im not getting is if there is an easier way to import profiles? i just found the icue folder, reached in there and loaded the far cry 5 profile to steal the american flag effect that I wanted. Then I removed the lighting on all the hardware that it also happens the add. Is there a better way to go about importing profiles?

OI wanted to be able to just drag and drop that to the hardware profile, but I guess it cant be?

No, there are some special rules with the HW profiles. With the software and your CPU shouldering the load, you can use ridiculous and absurd amount of layering, timing, decay, etc. However, the little chip in the keyboard has to be able to run things in the absence of software, so that limits the effects to certain parameters. Essentially, you can use 1 of the pre-programmed effects (rainbow wave, color shift, etc) or up 5 single color solid effects. However, if you are running iCUE all the time in the background as most of us do with multiple iCUE devices, then you really only see it on boot. Pick something pretty.

You can drag lighting effects from an existing software profile into the "Lighting Library" than drag/paste them back into another profile. However, this only saves you the hassle of re-creating the effect. You still must apply it, sort the effects, and create the new profile. The lighting library can be a bit confusing because it show you a "preview" of the effect when you select it in the library. It is not actually applied until you drag it and select the appropriate keys. For this reason and the ones I mentioned above, I find it far easier to duplicate an existing profile that contains a very complex lighting pattern, than delete or remove unneeded parts, rather than move it piece by piece. Some of my more complex waves gets recycled, maybe with a color change here and there. It gets to be quite time consuming to create them all from scratch. However, you could certainly use "Profile X" as a master storehouse of created effects, drag them to the library, then into the desired profile. I suppose in some ways I do the same, although they exist through multiple profiles and I steal/copy from there.

If you click on the three horizontal lines in the top left of the iCUE window, you will get a drop down menu that contains "Import/Export". However, you would need an actual iCUE saved profile to import. Unless you are swapping with friends on the same version of iCUE, you likely don't have any to import. If you have old stuff saved from prior CUE 2 versions, they usually do import, although with some added extra rainbow waves you'll need to delete. At this point, most of your import/exporting is going to be for yourself. There are two community members who have cranked out a lot of stuff and go to great lengths to make it compatible with the majority of devices. You can find their links here. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177125 The best advice I can offer is to download some of their stuff and see how they have crafted various effects or combinations. It is much faster to learn through deconstruction than anything I can sit here and throw at you.

I am not familiar with "the Far Cry effects". There was some in game integration for Far Cry 5, but I don't own it and have never seen it. Where you able to pull it from the data files or something else?

I am not familiar with "the Far Cry effects". There was some in game integration for Far Cry 5, but I don't own it and have never seen it. Where you able to pull it from the data files or something else?

Yea I ended up importing the entire profile by looking in the icue folder, and finding the one I researched to be responsible for the effect.

[ame]

[/ame]

But I didnt want it to change all my LED strips, h150, etc to the red white and blue theme it also had, so I just manually had to back all that stuff back off, to standard white like I run most of the time.

Thanks for your explanations its starting to make more sense now.

Side note: last week i posted that metro exodus was turning off all my lights when I started the game. I was advised to disable SDK effects to ensure my lighting was unaffected. If you enter a game that has SDK, but has no effects at the time, does it default to off? I wonder if maybe my hardware just needs updates to the firmware that I havent done yet.

I am playing Metro with the SDK/in-game-effects. It’s the first one I have played with this. It’s weird. It most definitely turns off the keyboard and fan lights at times. Strips tend to stay on, overall the lighting is very scene specific, day/night specific, and action/health specific. How much Corsair RGB stuff do you have? It might be a little weird with just the keyboard, but it also probably the most relevant with key prompts, radioactive warnings, health notifications, etc. however, it then stays dark outside those events.

Make sure you are in iCUE 3.13.94. I think there were some updates for the Metro lighting. If you enter a game with the SDK on and the game has no effects (most games), it will continue on with your normal instructions.

Archived