Corsair Community

Do I need the Commander Pro?

Scoutdog44

I want to take full advantage of iCue and the various fans, temp controls, etc. Here are the components I am using in my new build: i9 9900k, Asus 2080 RTX, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2x Samsung 850 Evo, Corsair Obsidian 750D airflow edition, Corsair HX750i, Corsair H115i Platinum, 2x16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 3x Corsair ML 140 RGB fans, Corsair K95 RGB platinum keyboard and Corsair Dark Core RGB mouse.

Should I add the Commander Pro or will the modules that came with the fans be enough (and just plugging the H115i into the motherboard)?

You the Commander Pro if you want speed control over the case fans from within iCUE. Otherwise it’s your normal BIOS/motherboard options.

However, you must have either a Lighting Node spring or Commander Pro to act as the lighting interface for those ML-RGB fans. If you bought a twin pack of ML140-RGB, you already have a LNP. If you bought 3 singles, you do not. The lighting controller on the Platinum cooler will only support the pump and its two fans. It will not handle the case fans.

Archived