Corsair Community

Crytal 570x Mirror - verical GPU mount temp. issue

Blayn0707

Hello everyone.

I have built my first gaming computer, and among other things, have mounted vertically Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080ti Extreme to the case vertical mount.

The issue i have is that with the side panel installed my GPU gets to 87C, throttles (3DMark stress test puts me at around 82% stability).

Removing the side panel, same stress test, 74-76C max, 3DMark stress test goes to 98% with 0 throttle.

The cards is only a few mm from the glass, so obviously the temperature issue is coming from the glass being too close.

I already have 7 fans in the case, so rly no point in putting anymore in.

Are there any solutions to my problem?

Maybe some distancers to push the side panel further out? Suggestions?

Or maybe get a custom pci slot vertical mount and try to position the card further "inside" the case so it can breathe better?

I would rly like to keep my card vertically mounted b/c it looks great so i hope there is a solution.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.

I’m also facing the same issue.

I decided I would watercool my gpu to solve this issue (if my logic is correct) but the gpu is so close to the panel there isn’t enough room to fit a tube between the glass and gpu. So I’ll have to run it behind which doesn’t look as good :(:

Hello everyone.

I have built my first gaming computer, and among other things, have mounted vertically Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080ti Extreme to the case vertical mount.

The issue i have is that with the side panel installed my GPU gets to 87C, throttles (3DMark stress test puts me at around 82% stability).

Removing the side panel, same stress test, 74-76C max, 3DMark stress test goes to 98% with 0 throttle.

The cards is only a few mm from the glass, so obviously the temperature issue is coming from the glass being too close.

I already have 7 fans in the case, so rly no point in putting anymore in.

Are there any solutions to my problem?

Maybe some distancers to push the side panel further out? Suggestions?

Or maybe get a custom pci slot vertical mount and try to position the card further "inside" the case so it can breathe better?

I would rly like to keep my card vertically mounted b/c it looks great so i hope there is a solution.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.

• 7 months later...