Corsair Community

CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 Bad LED

netrunner383

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2x8GB kit of CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 Vengeance RGB Pro RAM and installed it last night. When I booted up my system and was able to get it to work through iCUE, I noticed that there was a dark spot at the bottom of one of the RAM modules. I turned on full software mode and tried to turn on the 9th LED by itself, but it just stays dark and all the other LEDs on the module are working with no issues. I've reseated the module and cleaned the slot out, but it still doesn't work. I've already submitted a ticket to Corsair, but thought I'd try my luck on the forums since they are closed right now.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

[Edit: I have updated the firmware for the memory and even did a force update as well to no effect.]

Edited by netrunner383

I am using the latest version of iCUE and the BIOS is up to date. Everything else appears to be working except the 9th LED on one of the modules. I've even reset my BIOS to defaults and left XMP off with no changes. I think it may just need to be replaced, but I'll wait to see what tech support says. Thanks for the reply.