Corsair Community

iCue won't uninstall - causing computer problems

WarriorWolfqh

Hello, I'm at a loss...

My Disk is at 100% and I think it's because of this. Cue won't open, no response when I clikc it so I wanted to uninstall and re-install.

I clicked uninstall yesterday and got an error saying "windows installer is not responding" and I kept clicking ok. This kept popping up despite me doing other things on my computer and not touching the uninstall button. I kept clicking ok. Maybe 5-6 times. I finally restarted my computer and iCue is still there.

SO I go to uninstall again, but a small blank window pops up and immediately closes. That's all that happens. So I click it again and it says something is being installed so I CAN'T uninstall it.

I went and ended windows installer task and when I tried uninstalling again the same thing happened. But I watched the program open and start in task manager after the first click. So it's like its trying to uninstall it but since something went wrong the first time it can't. And it just stays open until I end task and I can't uninstall my unresponsive iCue program!

Please, oh please help me :(:

• Corsair Employee

I honestly think you have a completely different PC issue. Make sure you have some free space on that drive. Might be a faulty disk drive.

Regardless, restart the PC, and make sure iCUE is closed in your computer's task bar. Open Windows Explorer and do a search for Corsair, and delete it. Then, open RegEdit and delete the 2 Corsair folders located in HKEY Local Machine and HKEY Current User's Software folders. That will be the equivalent of uninstalling iCUE.

If closing iCUE in your task bar doesn't resolve your disk issue, you have a completely separate computer issue occurring that you need to resolve.

I honestly think you have a completely different PC issue. Make sure you have some free space on that drive. Might be a faulty disk drive.

Regardless, restart the PC, and make sure iCUE is closed in your computer's task bar. Open Windows Explorer and do a search for Corsair, and delete it. Then, open RegEdit and delete the 2 Corsair folders located in HKEY Local Machine and HKEY Current User's Software folders. That will be the equivalent of uninstalling iCUE.

If closing iCUE in your task bar doesn't resolve your disk issue, you have a completely separate computer issue occurring that you need to resolve.

Thank you! I will try your suggestions :)

• 1 year later...

Hello I've tried this fix and downloaded the iCUE software installer. However, when I tried installing, a pop-up error appears saying

The older version of CORSAIR iCUE Software cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

so now I'm at a loss. Help?

I also cannot delete the Corsair folder because files are

open in Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe

Here's a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/trX5uu5

Edited by Imbacore