Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and 2X TWINX1024-3200XL

RedLine

Hello guys,

I would like some advice. I currently have a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard with one set of TWINX1024-3200XL memory. Everything is working fine, I just want to upgrade to 2GIG now. I would like to purchase another set of TWINX1024-3200XL memory but I am not sure if it will work correctly in my MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard. I remember from the MSI support forum people complaining about some memory not working with all of the banks filled in.

I am not sure exactly what the deal is, that is why I wanted to check here first. Does anyone have the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard with two sets of TWINX1024-3200XL memory installed and working properly? I would also be interested in any advice.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Wired!

I am disappointed that my motherboard is unable to run 2GIG without degrading performance. I don't think it makes much sense to pay for low latency memory and then loosen the timing.

I get what you are saying Wired. :):

I am not interested in tweaking this stuff in hopes it will work. I bought the Corsair memory because by all reports it was fast and stable. It has lived up to both of those standards and I am happy with it.

I would love to buy another set of TWINX1024-3200XL and drop it in, but I am not willing to do it at the cost of stability or performance.

Archived