Corsair Community

What do I need to get a ML120 PRO RGB LED fan to work?

xunr3alx

Hi,

Hopefully some of you can identify with my frustration here. I seem to be yet another victim of the fine print regarding what I need to make one of these little fans function properly. Keep in mind that this is my first foray into RGB lighting, as all of my previous computer builds (last one being in 2013) were rather straight forward. Fans plugged in with a power cable, and they were whatever color they were.

Long story short, I've purchased and aditional ML120 RGB fan to match the two fans that come with my Corsair H110i RGB Platinum liquid cooler.

I also took delivery of a Corsair Commander Pro today, which I thought would solve the issue of delivering the fan and the LED's the proper amount of power based on the language used on various websites and YouTube videos. As it turns out, I was wrong again. I cannot connect the LED cable to that device, and it appears as though I need at least one other thing; that being the 'Lighting Node Pro'. But, I also see that in addition to that, I may ALSO need a 'Corsair RGB Fan Hub'.

Now I've made my bed with lack of reading every bit of fine print, and I'm prepared to lie in it. But before I buy any other products while under the influence of ignorance, I'd like to ask the simple following question:

What stuff do I need to make this ONE fan work the way it's supposed to?

Having two or three large hubs for ONE fan seems ridiculous. This would mean I'd be paying a total of $130-$140 to make a $35 dollar fan work the way it's supposed to, if I required the other two things I haven't purchased yet.

TL;DR:

I have one ML120 RGB fan, and I have the Commander Pro. What else do I need to make it work? Do I need the Lighting Node Pro? The RGB Fan Hub? Or both?

Edited by xunr3alx

Thank you for the quick reply. I did actually take a look at the FAQ's, but I'm unsure of where exactly to go. There are a bunch of threads when I follow the links for cooling. Is there a specific post/thread you can point me towards?

If you're positive I just need the RGB Fan Hub and not Lighting Node Pro, then I'll go ahead and buy that.

I appreciate it, thanks a bunch. I'll put the order through tomorrow. In your experience, how long does shipping a product from Corsair normally take? Ordering the Commaner Pro from Newegg took a couple of days, but depending on where stuff ships from I know sometimes it takes close to a week. I ask since I'm trying to refrain from using this thing until it has adequate cooling/properly working fans.

*EDIT*

Google searching seems to indicate shipping can take quite some time by selecting 'Standard', so I opted for "Express", cross your fingers for me.

Edited by xunr3alx