Corsair Community

Asus P5AD2-E Premium and corsair 5400C4

elm

Hi,

I have a problem using the ASUS P5AD2-E Premium and Corsair TWIN2X1024-5400C4PRO.

I build everything together, but the system doesn't boot :(

It only beeps once, and the monitors stay dark :(

In this forum I found lots of users, using this board and ddr-ram.

Is there a trick to get them work?

I hope anyone can help me!

Thanks! Flo from the cold germany ;)

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer.

-Yes harddrives both spins up

-grafic, I tried a old PCI-card but same effect.

-with only one DDR the same as with both :/

After putting the CPU-Fan directly to the board and no longer to the akasa-camaeleon fan-controller i get only one beep. consulting the manual =>

- Keyboard controller error (nearly impossible ;) )

- Refresh Time error (don't know what this could cause)

- No master drive detected (visual contact to a LG DVD-burner jumpered as master on the one and only ide-controller, harddisks are on the ICHR6-SATA-controller)

so i'm still in front of a dark display, after glory years building nice pcs, i found my master ;)

I'm looking forward to anybody with new ideas how to get the machine running!

warm greetings from the cold Munich

Flo

• 1 year later...

Hello from Paris !Sorry for my poor english…

I’ve got the same problem like Flo with the same motherboard and the same corsair memory and the same dark screen (with nvidia quadro and P4 3,6 ghz) but no bip, the computer stay quiet (I only hear the fan and no light from the corsair). I must switch off and relight for boot my computer, but, after several minutes, the sytem is freezed. I did a memtest on dos system but I found nothing.

I hope somenone can help us,

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Please see if you can get into the bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the memory frequency at 533MHz and test the system with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If that test pass you can slowly over clock your CPU to get to the modules tested settings testing with http://www.memtest.org.

Archived