Jump to content
Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB SE profiles on iCUE break after reboot?


Ferenir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello folks,

 

recently I bought the Dark Core RGB SE and am really enjoying it, but I do have an odd problem while using it with the iCUE software.

 

I read the corresponding post on this forum about the firmware updates and iCUE installation and made it work.

 

My first main goal was to create a hardware profile, so I can use the Dark Core in Bluetooth mode.

Somehow the hardware profiles got corrupted/desync while I was trying to create and test that, so I had to reset and redo the whole thing, but okay, as long as it works.

 

For my first profile I wanted to remap some keys to the mouse buttons, one of those was "ö". Right there I noticed that pressing "ö" on my german keyboard does result in the iCUE software registering a ";" (I think; whatever the corresponing key on a US layout does) instead, even when I switch to german iCUE (my default was english).

So apparently iCUE does not know about keyboard layouts for remappings on mice?

found this thread in here regarding that issue.

 

Well, I still worked with that, using the alternative remapping, saved it as a hardware profile, started using it and everything was fine.

 

But after a day or two, that just .. broke?

Another remapping I did was "8" to the sniper key (don't judge me and my weird setup, okay :D:) and that worked fine, but the key I wanted to use for "ö"( or, well ";" I guess) just wasn't doing anything anymore. the only input that my game could detect was a generic Mouse 4.

 

Weird, but okay, so I switched around my ingame keybinds to M4 and that works.

 

But because this behaviour seemed a bit odd to me I tried another approach.

Plugged in the USB cable(switching to 2,4GHz mode) and created a software profile instead of hardware with the exact same settings.

At first everything worked as expected....until I turned off the laptop.

After restart all of the keybinds were broken, even my sniper 8.

As long as iCUE was running I basically couldn't use the mouse the way I wanted to, so I stopped it and went back to the (just slightly odd) hardware profile.

 

Tried to run a repair of iCUE, didn't help.

Only thing that helped was uninstalling and a fresh re-install, but I refuse to re-install software after every system reboot.

 

So for now I just uninstalled iCUE completely, sticking with the hw-profiles I created before, which is a shame, because I'd like to use the Dark Core in 2,4GHz wireless with software profiles at some point in the future.

 

Does anyone know what is going on here and if there is anything I can do to fix it?

 

I know this is a weird story and I probably did a bad job explaining the situation, I didn't take notes during my testing and at this point I'm kinda tired of doing problem analysis, lost count of how many re-installs and firmware resets I did.

 

I suspect that the german keyboard layout being involved in the remapping while not actually being supported by iCUE has something to do with it.

 

That being said, even with those problems, I really like a wireless gaming mouse (never thought I'd ever say that) and I'm planning to get a MM1000 and a K70 to use those alongside the Dark Core.

Basically chaining all of my gear together on one USB port, maybe even through a port on a monitor at some point, creating a kind of gaming-docking-station :laughing:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...