Corsair Community

Refrigeration and iCue

Wakkos

Hello,

I want to buy the Hydro Series™ H100i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler for my PC, I understand it works with iCue directly, no Link device needed.

The thing is: I have a 3 fan slots in front of my case (a Thermaltake View 27) and I'm not sure if it looks great with only two RGB fans.

I would buy a standalone fan to have the TRIO, but as far as I can see, there is no fan that works with iCue without any link device.

Please, don't make me buy a Link device for a fan only =(

You can use whatever fans you want on the radiator. In order to be controlled from the H100i Pro itself, the fan needs to be PWM. If not, you could still power and control it from the motherboard, although that is less ideal. All of these RGB fans have a control device of some kind. It may be the View 27 has a built in controller for their Riing series of fans, but all of them need this to work in some way. I can certainly understand not wanting to mix multiple brand RGB types, but there also is no requirement to use Corsair fans on Corsair coolers. And just to be clear, the H100i Pro does not come with RGB fans. They will be black frame, grey blade ML120-like fans.