Corsair Community

Yet another A7n8x deluxe and xms3200c2 question

stauffec

I have read alot of the posts, so please don't think i haven't done my research

I currently have 3 sticks (2 X 256, 1X512) of xms3200c2, and its worked great for my athlon xp 2200 on asus a7n8x rev 1007 with 6-3-2-2. i just got a xp 3200+ 400mhz, and it was crashing, so i tried increasing the voltage to 1.7, and also changing the timing to 6-3-3-2.5, and i still get the crashing. Any other ideas?

I ran memtest on all the sticks with 2.5-3-3-6. When I run it in 133 or 166 there's no errors. when I run it in 200, the memtest application freezes after getting part of the way through. Now only 133 is the only setting that will work in Windws, 166 and 200 still crash my machine after a short amount of time. Any ideas?

OK...so i tried that..every stick in slot 1 of slot 2 locked up on Test 5. Every stick when put in slot 3 either generated a host of errors on Test 8 or came up with some error at the beginning of the test that stopped the whole thing. Unfortunately when I put the 3 sticks back in and went to set it back to 133, for some reason the entire BIOS doesn't post anymore...it doesn't even should anything on the screen, even after removing the CMOS battery and clearing the settings, so my testing has been held up until i can figure out if i destroyed my motherboard. Any additional tests I could try would be greatly appreciated.

Archived