Corsair Community

ML140 with Mystic Light Sync?

jvjakesta

I'm looking to connect three ML140 fans to my setup with the fan hub that is supplied with the twin pack, and purchase a singular ML140 to add to the hub as it supports up to six fans.

I would then add the fan hub to the JCorsair1 header on my MSI Z370 Gaming pro Carbon Motherboard by using the connector that came with my motherboard.

Apparently from what I've read, the connecter that comes with the fan hub will not connect to the JCorsair1 header. You have to use the connector that the Motherboard supplies you with.

I've seen from other people that they've had success with the HD140, LL140, and the SP140 variants using this exact process, but I haven't seen anything with the ML140 fans. The fan hub that is required to connect to the Jcorsair1 header looks exactly the same as the others, so am I right to assume that if I were to connect the fan hub to the Jcorsair1 header, I can control the ML140 fans by Mystic Light software?

The reason being, I have multiple RGB components already controlled by Mystic Light, and I would LOVE to use the ML140 fans, but if they are not compatible, I may have to look elsewhere.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I just wanted to double check before going through with the purchase if the ML140's will work with Mystic Light, or if I should just get the LL140 variants.

I'm planning on putting them on my 420mm radiator if you could help me decide between them. :)

Archived