Corsair Community

Ique space temps/load unresponsive during CPU-Z stress test

EndGame

Im looking to stress my system to make sure everything is in good working order.

I love Ique for the lighting controls but am wondering if there are programs like HWinfo or something with a minimalist overlay that play well with the ique program?

all temps and load flat lining at 8% while windows task manger shows 97% cpu load inst inspiring confidence. especially if ique is what is controlling my aio speed and fans for cooling.

What setups are you guys running for monitoring system info and can you recommend programs for doing a light stress test? Im not doing any serious overclocking yet until im sure I can achieve stable temps in my case.

You are going to run into trouble using iCUE and any other full system monitoring program like AIDA64, HWiNFO, MWMonitor, etc. They poll the same data and sooner rather than later they are both going to lock up on certain values. You can use them, but quit iCUE first. I use HWiNFO when I need full spectrum information and when you first load the program, it should prompt you regarding the Corsair software conflict and give you an option to disable monitoring for your cooler or Commander Pro. Those are the two devices affected.

If you are going to do the quick version with HWiNFO (or other) monitoring all data, set your fans to fixed RPM appropriate for your stress test before quitting iCUE. A fixed RPM is more appropriate for consistent and comparable data anyway. When you are all done and have what you need, quit HWiNFO, then reload iCUE and put the fans back on their normal curve. Sometimes the services cross over and you might have to restart, but since I imagine you don't stress test every day, that should not be a prohibitive issue. Also, if you choose HWiNFO, get the "portable" installer version. This one only deploys its driver when you launch it and then retracts it when you quit. That will help with any software crossover issues.

iCUE plays good with afterburner. Although I don't have CPU or anything else than my GPU in its monitoring engine.

No problem with CoreTemp either.

iCUE definitely has problems with HWInfo and such apps. You need to close iCUE and stop the "Corsair service" in order to use HWInfo. Likewise you need to close HWInfo if you wanna use iCUE.

No, nearly all of us are using Afterburner or Precision. That's not an issue and neither of those try to poll the cooler or your fan controller. However, I generally advise you to close the iCUE window to the task bar bar tray when playing full screen games. It does use some GPU resources. It is inconsequential or unnoticeable for most games. Utterly devastating for some.

Archived