Corsair Community

Swap H150i Pro Fans with RGB ML Fans

b0x3d

Hi, sorry if this is a noob question, struggling to find the answer anywhere!

Can I replace the stock ML fans on the H150i Pro with ML RGB fans WITHOUT using an RGB controller i.e. can you plug them into the AIO cooler and get the RGB functionality?

I want to avoid buying a separate controller as I have several RGB connections on the mobo and a cooler master controller that came with the case.

Thanks!

No, you will have to get a software interface (Lighting Node Pro) and physical power pathway (RGB lighting hub) to make them work. Both are in the 3 pack of ML120-RGB, but there won’t be any lights without them ant that is what you have already with the stock H150i fans.

There is an adapter available that will plug into an Addressable RGB motherboard header and provide you with a connection to an RGB LED Fan Hub (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aura-Mystic-Light-A-RGB-to-Corsair-RGB-Adapter/372548214612). But the RGB LED Fan Hub is still required. As c-attack mentioned, this comes with the multi-pack.

IMHO, compared to what you can do in iCUE, Aura is pretty limited. Personally, I'd go with the Lighting Node Pro but it's your build so it's totally your call.