Corsair Community

H100i v2 problem with pump?

kanco

Sorry for the bad english its not my main.

I clean my pc the other day and when i connected all back and start it was all good til i open my game (i use 3 accounts and open each account in each monitor (3)). the temp of my processor whent to 51°C soso and all the fans started to go full speed, so i checked if i move someting when clening or if a fan wasnt working or something but was all good. i think then o well could be the thermal paste and i buy one but still waiting on arrive. so i noticed that the part close to the tubes was hot and what i did was give alitle smash in there and then the temperature of the processor went down... to the normal temperature (40°C or back to 25°-30° when no games open) i dont know if the liquid inside got stuck or something when i clean the pc or if the pump wasnt spining (i imagine) but worked good again. but at the next day i came from work, i turned on the pc , opened my games and did the same.. so i give another litle smash on the part where was hot and went all good again..

So my question is my corsair h100i v2 is about to die? could be fixed? becuse i dont move the pc of his place, only doit for cleaning and that happend 2-3 times per year. so wondering what you people would recomend me.

thx alot in advance o/

Edited by kanco

Unfortunately this is a common complaint on that series. Most likely there is some debris inside the coolant stream that was not meant to be there. When you moved it, the debris was stirred up and the floated into a very disadvantageous place, like the pump strainer. That then blocks part of the flow. You should have seen the coolant temp go up substantially when this happened, then drop after the pinch. Continue to monitor your temps and watch the coolant temp specifically. This tends to be a reoccurring problem. You can contact Corsair to get it replaced, but I would wait for the second time to make sure it wasn’t an anomaly or something else like an unusual bubble collection.