Corsair Community

My H80i V2 fans is working but not my pump?

Stegavik

Hello!

When I turned on my pc today I got a error message «cpu fan error, please check»

I webt to BIOS. Fan control. I can’t see that my fans and pump are working in BIOS. I can see that my fans are blowing. My cpu went from 0 degress to 100 in 10 sec and my pc will shut down.

Someone know why my fans and pump dont show rpm in BIOS? 0 rpm all the time but I can see and hear that my fans are spinning.

Of course my 2 fans are connected to the splitter from pump and the second cable plugged into motherboard cpu fan1

I7-7700

Msi z270 gaming pro

650w power supply

Unfortunately the spinning fans are a bad sign in this case. There was a possibility you had unintentionally cut power to the H80i v2 through the BIOS fan curves, but if the fans are spinning and the pump is clearly not, this means the unit has probably failed.

Contact Corsair directly through the Ticket Support System link at the top if this page. You will need a copy of the purchase invoice. Otherwise, you need to go shopping for a new cooler.

Ok..

I plugged one of my case fans in cpu fan1 to find out if my cpufan1 output on motherboard was working. My fan spinned and I could see rpm kn bios. Also plugged my h80i v2 in sys fan 2. Not showing rpm in bios..

So i need to buy a new liquid cooler?

Yes, I am afraid it’s pretty certain. The cpu boot error is almost always bad. The motherboard cannot detect the cooler now and it usual means something has gone wrong electrically or mechanically. The rolling cpu temp to shutdown is also a classic sign of zero flow and now that you have ruled out any problem with the cpu fan header, the evidence is pretty clear. Sorry.