Corsair Community

TWINX3200LL not playing well...pls help

gzerosi

Hello to all !!! it's my first time here so here you go.

System is

P4 530 3.0GHZ 775 non overclocked

DFI Lanparty I875P-T

1GB Twinx3200LL

XFX GeForce 6600GT

2 Seagate 120GB SATA in RAID0

Thermaltake BigWater Cooler

OK...bios memory settings as of now is 2-2-2-5 DDR voltage is 2.6 and nothing is overclocked. Running MeMtest for hours will pass with no errors.........but if i enable CPC(Command Rate to 1T). MeMtest will get errors around test#8. Upping voltage to 2.8 will not help and even slowing down setting to 2-3-2-6 will get same results. disabling PAT doesnt help either.

Any advice is welcome as i've been playing with the bios settings now for the last 5 hours and came up empty. Thanks. :confused:

• Corsair Employee
The fact the modules run at Cass 2-2-2-5 with CPC set to auto or 2T would suggest its not a module problem. As the tested settings for this part# would be Cass 2-3-2-6 at DDR400. You might check that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the timings manually and test the mdouels one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Thanks for replying RamGuy. OK..downloaded the latest bios and flashed the board i loaded default settings and ran memtest again and did not get any errors with 2-3-2-6 settings and CPC set to auto. ran memtest again with 2-3-2-6 settings and CPC Enabled i get errors in test#6. Tried the modules with my IC7-G with the same settings 2-3-2-6 1T command and it passed all the test 8 times. So i'm guessing it could be my board.

What else do you thing i should look for. I'd really like this module to work with my DFI board as it has the new 775 socket P4.

Thanks Wired...... i narrowed down the problem to a bad memory socket(bank #2). I moved both modules to bank 1 and 3 and set the timings to 2-2-2-5 and CPC enabled with default bios DDR voltage of 2.6 and not a problem with memtest after running it for 4 hours. I'm pretty happy that it's all working now and it's definitely stable, which is my whole goal(a little overclocking in the future maybe?).

CORSAIR memory definitely ROCKS!!! and it has never failed me....that's why i've never bought any other memory brand since i can remember. Thanks again for the guys that helped and gave their insights.

Archived