Corsair Community

Question about commander pro

jetracer

I currently have a single LL140 and 6 ml120s all hooked to my msi z370 mobo for pwm, most by splitters and a lighting controller. I am looking to simplify my setup and this wiring nightmare but getting a commander pro. I have a 011 dynamic case and a custom loop setup and am expanding my rad situation.

My hopes are to have 3 ml120s on one channel for a 360mm rad. Another 2 ml120s on 2nd channel for a 240 rad. The LL140 and Ml120 on seperate channels for exhaust. I also plan on getting another 2 ml120s for exhaust.

I know the ml120s draw .219 as denoted on the box, Can i run three on a single channel? The commander pro would be controlling 4 rgb strips and the single ll for the time being ( i dont think it will fit after i install the 360 rad as the case is designed for 120 fans) as well as the fans.

Well, looking at the current rating for the fan and the specs for the Commander Pro, you'd think so. And it might work for you. BUT ... we've seen lots of folks have issues with 3 way splitters on the Commander Pro so I strongly advise against it. Two way splitters are OK. Technically, Corsair doesn't support splitters at all.