Corsair Community

Water damage on K95

tylersmith34

I know, I know, water and KBs don't mix. It's my first liquid spill on a KB ever. I knocked a water bottle over that spilled maybe 1/3 cups of water on the board. I unplugged immediately and tipped the board toward the macros keys to drain the water off and I let it sit for a few days. Now that it's dry, all of the keys work but the space bar, when used it types this " /" (one space and a slash). Any ideas on how to fix the key and get it to not type a slash?

The board is old and well past any warranty and liquid spills aren't covered anyway....

I've spilled liquids on my Deck 104 a few times. Use a backup keyboard while you let the wet one fully dry out over a couple days. Maybe stick it in a bag with a couple cups of dry rice. If issues persist, take it apart and rinse it down with distilled water or denatured alcohol, giving more attention to the problem key points. Allow to dry fully a day or two then reassemble and test.

How do you take apart the K95? I removed the keycaps and unscrewed every screw I see, but I can't get the top of the board apart. There seems to be another few screws by the media keys and volume wheel but I don't see anything and I don't want to further break the board.